For your safety and that of our volunteers, we have adopted the following measures for the reopening of our library. These measures will be in place during the month of July. We will reevaluate them for August.
Please note: By entering the Library, you agree to abide by our rules and regulations. If you are unable to abide by these regulations, we respectfully ask that you do not enter at this moment in time.
July 2020 operating schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday: 12 pm – 2 pm
1. Temperature check with no contact thermometer at Breezeway area. Patrons or visitors with a temperature or exhibiting any of the signs of COVID-19 (sneezing, coughing, disorientation, shortness of breath apart from existing medical conditions disclosed) will be asked to come back when they have a normal temperature on a different day.
Library Proper: 3 patrons at a time in the library proper, 15 minutes per person
Breezeway: 2 patrons or visitors at a time in the sales section, 15 minutes per person
Patrons are to choose titles, checkout and exit so that the next person may enter the Library.
2. 12:00 pm – 12:15 pm and 12:15 pm – 12:30 pm time slots on Monday and Wednesday are reserved for senior citizens (3 patrons in each time slot). If there are less than three senior citizens on site for a time slot, other patrons may be granted access.
3. Face masks: All volunteers, patrons and visitors are required to wear a face mask. We ask you to provide your own face mask.
4. Gloves: Optional. The Library will provide gloves to volunteers, patrons and visitors who would like to use protective gloves during their visit. We encourage our guests and volunteers upon leaving our premises to dispose of their gloves in our trash.
5. No studying or proctoring of exams until further notice.
6. No children under the age of 12 will be admitted in our reopening model.
7. Bottled water sales are suspended. No beverage or food from the outside allowed in at this time.
8. Our computers will not be available for the first four weeks upon reopening.
9. Checkout Limit: 2 books per patron/ family member. DVD’s and magazines will not be available.
10. Book donations are suspended for four weeks after reopening to protect our community.
Working in this way together, we can all look to the future with confidence.